View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 05:38 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dave, you're not in whine mode. You have a problem and you came here for help. That's what MOC is supposed to be about. In my opinion you are doing what you should.

I'll avoid the long story but a few years ago I had a mobile tech out to help us get unfrozen. He found I'd neglected (I had gotten sick and stopped working and then forgot it) to button up a rear corner of the belly pan. The fender there acted like a scoop to bring the cold north wind into the belly at that rear corner. We had the furnace running and he noted that there was plenty of heat coming form the furnace duct that was in the front opposite corner, enough to keep the entire belly from freezing, according to him. In my case it wasn't enough to overcome the single digits wind scooped into the belly. My point is that duct should be plenty to keep things warm. The problem is likely your water lines lying on the cold frame and freezing at that point. At least that was what happened in ours prior to my insulating those lines.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote