View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
The most likely place for the freezing to occur when connected to city water is at the convenience center or just behind it. The fresh water tank may be frozen but that will not affect the city water. If your convenience center is the same on the 2011 as the 2012 then you should have two valves that drain to the outside bottom of the convenience center, these are the low point valves, if you open the cold you should have water coming out of it if there is water getting into the piping behind the center. That is the area I would concentrate the heat.

Is your supply line insulated and with a heat tape all the way into the convenience center, I assume you have confirmed water is getting to the convenience center. I also assume the sensor for the heat tape is open to the cold air so the heat tape is actually working.

It is possible to have a frozen line to the kitchen sink and still have water elsewhere in the unit, I assume you have no water at all.

I would make sure the hot water tank is off until you have a flow of water again so that you don't damage the tank.

My wife and I lived in a mobile home for a number of years and I have spent a lot of time thawing frozen lines, it is not fun. Skirting will help for sure, hope it solves your problems.
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote