View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 08:14 AM   #25
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Well, since there was a recent repost on this thread, (and thank-you for all the great things folks have responded with here), I thought I go ahead and give an update. It's now been 5 months since we started using the Visible set-up. I've used it (almost) every day since, and am now using it 100% for both my work computers, even when home. And so far it's been flawless.

Sometimes, we do have to power down the phone and then power it back up and re-do the settings for the tethering setting, but that takes just a moment, and only when the phone has been sitting idle for a long time not in use.

In the camper, we are now using it for streaming television (Ruko), 2 work computers, 2 personal laptops, 2 iPads, and 1 Smart television. When my son and grandson are with us, they tap into it with another iPad and another personal laptop.

We have traveled to Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, and of course, all over Indiana where we live. Been to several state parks in Indiana, doing "Work form home".... or in our case ... "Work from Camper" as it has wheels and we don't less the moss grow on them ... at all! We "Work from camper" even in our own driveway when home and the Visible has responded and worked without any failures at all.

We lost our internet connection in the house (my son lives with us and also works from home), and he'll tell us "we're down." We'll call our provider and find out they are doing some kind of maintenance or something. Meanwhile, in the camper, my wife and I connected to our Visible, and working along just fine!

So, for us, this has been an absolute "win" situation! An oh, why are we not using our AT&T phone hot spots? First and foremost, they don't work, or play nice, with my wife's company computer. She has been all over AT&T and her company to reconcile the problem. For a while, we even tried one of those stand alone AT&T devices for internet only. And even it did not work for her company laptop. Worked OK for mine, but not hers.

Thus the Visible! Bingo-Bango! This makes working on the road so much more enjoyable!

That's my update.

Again, I appreciate all the comments. To each his own. And we all have to do what works best for all of our own unique situations!

Happy Camping!

And OH, PS on Edit:
We do not share our plan with anyone. I know Visible says you can share and invite people on, and the cost ($40) a month is lowered for every person you bring on. But after doing some reading and researching, it seems the more people that jump on your band wagon, Visible begins to have problems and it appears some kind of throttling occurs. So for us, the saving in cost is NOT worth the risk of loosing dependability. We will not share with ours. I think that's the reason for our current success.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote