View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 09:34 AM   #28
JamesD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10843
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarwin View Post
DutchmenSport, what problems did you uncover when creating a group? I bought Visible and have it tethered to a Gl-inet ar750s. I was thinking we might start a MOC/Visible group to take advantage of the lower price. But, if it causes service issues, I agree, stay with the higher priced plan.

Speeds are slower than my ATT data only plan. Most times we don’t notice. Doing speed tests, I’ve had DL speeds drop to under 1MB. Netflix looks fuzzy and it takes forever load a webpage. That’s probably due to network congestion. Most times it works really good. It also might improve if I installed an external antenna.
FWIW, when I first switched to Visible, I had fast speeds... 30Mb/s weren't unusual. A few months ago I could tell they had a new software rollout that throttled me all the time.
5Mb/s peak, under 1 is not unusual. Pretty sure the network isn't too busy at 3 a.m., so it's definitely a programmed limit.
I flat out told them anything under 2Mb/s breaks just about every streaming service but they don't really care.
Not happy about it but complaining about it gets me nowhere.
JamesD is offline   Reply With Quote