Thread: Hydraulic jacks
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 03:35 PM   #19
Trout30
Established Member

M.O.C. #28508
Bent my 2 rear rams backing up while hitching up. Found out hitch jaws were not functioning (opening) properly which caused me to push trailer and jack rams into the grass spot we were sitting on which was slightly slanted. After repairing the jaws and completing hook up I saw the rams were not going up so I had my wife pull truck slowly forward bending the rams back to position while I watched and gave her the signal to stop at the point jack rams were looking pretty straight. To my surprise after bending them back they then retracted slower than normal all the way up and allowed us to return home. I then ordered 2 new complete jacks from Lippert and replaced them myself. Not to hard to do just the bolt loosing part...I had no impact tools. Lesson learned: if you can't hitch up after a couple attempts at backing up to the pin get out and look at jaws instead of keep hitting the hitch pin harder and harder...LOL.
2021 Montana Legacy, 3781RL, Cobalt FBP, Cottage Kitchen, CareFree SOK III toppers, Onan 5.5KW Gen, Solar 300W, 2000W Magnum inverter, Goodyear 17.5" G114's, 2-100 amp Battle Born Batteries, Waste Master w/storage box, Frizz Life water filters, Hughes WatchDog.
2015 GMC 3500HD Denali, 4x4, DuraMax, CC, SRW, SB, PullRite Slider, Truck USA Roll top.
Trout30 is offline   Reply With Quote