View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 05:32 PM   #26
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfb View Post
2015 MONTANA 3610 RL legacy... Our bedroom cable slide gear box stripped the gears..Had a new box installed at the dealer.. The installer mounted the cable blocks sideways.. When operating the bedroom slide the motor and bracket stripped out of the WALL! They put a piece of metal on the wall and then mounted the bracket to it.. Ironic.. the same time the Big Hydraulic slide went crooked and the gears below got broken teeth. 1200 later it's fixed.. Now it's in the shop AGAIN FOR THE STINKING BIG SLIDE!!Looks like they are REBUILDING the slide out.. 700.00 in parts so far... Im so fed up with paying good money only to have to constantly fix what the factory did not do right to begin with! From Broken leaf spring bolts, to black water tanks exploding to 3 slid out repairs... I don't mind Ceiling fans falling, or shower door handles falling Off or led lights burning out.. But the stuff that's breaking should NEVER happen...
I try to keep in mind that the good folks at Montana RV don’t make most of the products that everyone complains about when they break. I chose mine based on floor plan, quality of OEM parts used, and reputation of the company in all facets of the build and support. I had the luck of touring the factory this year and was very pleased with everything that I saw. Is any RV perfect? No.