View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 09:00 AM   #13
MandK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28430
I am in the camp of disconnecting the batteries. We have been boaters for all our lives with a little camping thrown in. Most boat yards up north here do not allow boats that are all crowded together in yards or in buildings to be plugged in because of electrical safety concerns. They also recommend removal and storage of batteries in the winter. Of course there’s a charge for that. I have always left my batteries in the boat and disconnected the negative cables. Fully charged batteries that are disconnected from parasitic loads will not freeze and will not discharge enough over winter to cause any concern. My current boat has 7 batteries, so i wouldn’t risk it if i thought there was risk of damage to them. It is also the way most knowledgeable boaters handle their battery storage. I am doing the same thing with the new Montana. I installed a disconnect on the negative cable as we also have to use a storage facility so there is no power even during the summer on the Monty. Easy turn of the switch.
MandK is offline   Reply With Quote