View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 03:32 PM   #26
Cindy and Ray's Grand Tour
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21053
It is bad in Texas if you should get sick (with anything). Hospitals are full and 10 to 12 people are dying of the virus each day in just my county with the numbers only going up. Otherwise, with the exception of wearing masks, it seems like business as usual. Bars were reclosed but Restaurants are open at 50% capacity. Lots of big families in this area and they like to gather it appears. They slowed the parties during the Stay at Home order but resumed quickly after it was lifted. Just my opinion but if they would have kept things shut down one more month, then did lots of tracing, we may have beaten it. Instead they opened and the shut down was a total waste of time and people's livelihoods.

Due to our age and medical conditions, we have stayed home and only gone to the grocery about once every two weeks. We do delivery food once a week to break the monotony. We cancelled our 6 month western road trip because of all the park and travel restrictions in April and May. However, we can't take it anymore and will pull the Monty to Michigan to visit 4 adult Children/9 Grandkids in August and September. With the virus so bad here in Texas, what difference does it make? I have not pulled it 400 miles a day for 4 days straight before so this will be a new and tiring experience. Lets hope we don't have any tire blowouts. I got reservations for the whole trip without difficulty.
Jacksonville, FL
Cindy and Ray's Grand Tour is offline   Reply With Quote