View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 03:15 PM   #36
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Older people and people with compromised health conditions are more likely to die from any disease than a healthy person. Show me the percentages of people who died from the flu that had other contributing factors. Or any other disease for that matter. You can’t say the percentages for COVID are any different without providing numbers for the others.

But total annual deaths attributed to a specific disease compared to another disease are hard numbers and easy to compare.

I'm not so sure about the comparison since IIRC the CDC only accumulates flu statistics during the winter and stops in April.

On top of that no one now or ever has randomly ran a test on anyone to see if they "tested positive" for flu as they are now doing for Covid. The flu number could be in the billions especially if they did it year round...we don't know. To compound matters, directions given by governmental agencies, as has been reported, to medical facilities to count any death as Covid if it was just present when the person died skews numbers greatly. I believe that directive has been modified in some areas to only report it as Covid if it was a "contributing" factor. Case in point; acquaintance had congestive heart failure and had to go to ER. He tested positive for Covid, died, and it was a Covid death. Prior to Covid it would have been classified differently.

If you read the CDC reports you will see that flu has never been tracked like they are doing Covid. Never tested like they do for Covid. In reality we have no basis to compare Covid against because we've never tried to mass test folks for ??? You just have to scratch your head.

I know lots of folks around the country. I don't know one person that has had or died from Covid. I don't count the acquaintance - he was a "mandated" stat. Sort of like my home town newspaper keeps a rolling count (14 day) of active covid cases; they come on, they go off and repeat. No one has died, some have gotten sick but recovered...like the flu; or maybe it was the flu but they tested positive for Covid??

Not trying to argue with anyone; everyone can believe what they want and react how they want. Just some observations about the mangled, manipulated stats we get as John Q Public.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote