View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 05:32 AM   #10
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Don't shoot the messenger... please! But ... if planning on using the E-Bikes in Indiana State Parks, you are best to just keep them locked up and put away. Indiana State Parks, that includes State Recreation areas also, has banned all battery operated transportation devices from being used on the State Park roads. This includes campgrounds.

Some Indiana state parks and Recreation Areas are enforcing it heavily, others are still turning their heads to it.

There are several reasons why they made this decision and I'm not going into it now. But the fact is, they are now banned. Right, wrong, no matter how you feel, that's just the way it is. (I'm just the messenger).

I do know, the last couple Indiana State Parks we've been in, on Friday night people are riding the bikes. And the biggest complaint is, they are speeding excessively through the campgrounds. The speed limits are posted, but the E-bike people somehow convey the idea that speed limits does not apply to them. Plus they dart in and out between people and kids walking the roads. They are very inconsiderate and very obnoxious.

By Saturday morning, there are none on the road any more. So, I think DNR is getting the word out.

Please... check the rules wherever you ride them and make sure you are in compliance. And if using these where you can, please follow the rules of the road. Pedestrians always have the right of way. (again.... I'm just the messenger).
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote