View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 12:26 PM   #27
Sr. Oso
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #31705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-CI View Post
Gerry
Made the first few trips pulling our 331RL with a 2500 Ram CTD. The truck pulled the MHC comfortably. I knew that I was over my pin weight, but - and this is a BIG BUT - I used to pull overloads with a semi professionally when I was much younger and had the experience behind me to know what I could and could not do. During our last outing I found a used 3500 Ram CTD and traded up. Everyone can quite easily check the rating specs on the door sticker of any of the new trucks and crunch the numbers for capabilities. Just remember - the published pin weight on the 295RL you are looking at is for dry weight empty - nothing in the tanks, no propane tanks and no batteries unless it was ordered from the factory with Dragonfly lithium batteries. Since you previously pulled a bumper pull, you are obviously well aware of the load weight you normally carry with you in the cab and bed of your truck. That adds to the payload placed onto the truck as well.
You won't find the "weight police" here on this forum. No one harassed me about pulling our 331RL with a 2500. You will need to what is best for your situation and your comfort level.

Edit: Noticed this was your first post. Welcome to the forum!
Lee- thanks for your thoughts and observations. I have some experience driving and towing larger rigs, albeit in my younger days. The main thing I've learned is to stay within my limitations. If I remember that, the hardware will take care of the rest. BTW- thanks for the welcome, I guess I should have introduced my wife and myself first but this post caught my attention. We are looking forward to our Keystone adventures.
Sr. Oso is offline   Reply With Quote