View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 09:39 PM   #5
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Ah, cool air and a continuing to drop inside temps even after both ac's were shut off for two hours as the outside temp was climbing like phoenix does. The blizard nxt is a pretty good engineered unit with impressive rubber mounts over most of the bottom pan so that it sits very well on the roof. It is quieter than our old unit. Our rear ac unit arrived from the factory with its fore/aft alignment pointing slightly off to the street side. When the old unit was pulled, i wasn't real surprised to find out that they found the 14x14 opening was also installed crooked. Guess that line worker really didn't care what was being done. The one thing that i think dometic needs to do better is the fit of the top cover as the very bottom of the cover does not sit evenly down over the top of the base. All they have to do is make the top cover lip about another 1/2 to 1 inch deeper for a perfect fit. Maybe i got a unit that was molded slightly off. Still, the top cover isn't a thin flimsy thing and should last many many years. John