View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 07:39 AM   #36
BrianVer2
Established Member

M.O.C. #31132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
Refer to Thread https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=87221 for info on the hydraulic lines and fittings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
His jacks and slides are all hydraulic, no electric except what runs the hydraulic pump. When replacing the hose or hoses, you may have a hard time finding the same thin hydraulic lines like what is installed. I had a short line replaced a number of years ago and had the line made at an autoparts store that also served the agricultural community. They had the same fittings that will fit the fittings on the jacks. These are photos of the bad hose and then the new hose installed.

The repair didn't hold up under pressure, darn-it! The issue is the outside diameter of the hose; it is too small for the crimper to squish the ferrules (jacket?)snug. It''s okay because this morning I've had an epiphany. I'll add two PEX ferrules side by side adding to the outside diameter of the the ferrule of the fittings the shop used for splicing the line where it broke. Unfortunately, I'll need to remove the line one more time to bring it back to the shop. The PEX ferrule isn't adding to the strength, only the thickness so the hydraulic crimper can squeeze the crimp end tighter.