View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 11:43 AM   #3
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Another tip. We camp at Indiana State Parks, and there are only a few few parks that have water on site, and even fewer with full hook-up. So, in the past (3 travel trailers and now a Fifth Wheel), we always tried to reserve a campsite that was within 200 feet of the common water spigot so I could stretch a garden hose from the faucet to the trailer and fill the fresh water tank whenever it ran low.

Fast forward when an idea hit me. We now carry a 35 gallon water tank, purchased from TSC (Tractor Supply Company) and a water transfer pump that runs on 120 v - AC power. But we also have an inverter we carry in the truck, so the transfer can be powered via the truck battery.

I can now take the tank anywhere and fill with water and bring it back to the camper, anywhere it is parked, and pump it into the fresh water tank, any time, and now ... not limited to just 200 feet from a water spigot source. Of course, you also have to have a way to dump your tanks also, so we also always have a Blue Tote to make trips to the dump station.

After a few trips out, you'll finally have an eye and a good feel on your water usage, when you need to fill and when you need to dump. And yes, RV ownership means water management!

My previous trailer (no photo doing this with with my current 5er) ...

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote