Thread: Fun on the road
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 01:58 PM   #1
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Fun on the road

We had quite the entertainment for part of the drive returning home from Branson, MO yesterday towing our fiver. A fellow RV’er double towing a @32’ fiver and an 18’ bass boat had us smiling ear to ear for a while. I’ve double towed for many years and want to point out that that was not the center of our entertainment, but how the guy towed. He was one of those people that have 2 speeds while on the road … STOP and HAMMER DOWN. He passed us on I44 just a helling due west. While we were stopped at a fuel stop near Baxter Springs, he came a blazing into the fuel islands like Kyle Larson coming into pit row for more tires. How we got ahead of him is anybody’s guess. We left ahead of him getting on 166 and about 10 miles later, he’s behind us again. Obviously annoyed by my 65 mph speed, he sees an opening and blazes by us only to encounter a 4 way stop sign shortly afterwards. There, he jack rabbits out accelerating faster than a couple of cars that had pulled in behind him. Ironically a few miles on down the road, he’s held up by two separate one lane stop light controlled road constructions just east of Coffeyville, KS. Comically, we pull up right near behind him both times as the lights were not favorable to his journey. After navigating thru Coffeyville … it was HAMMER TIME again and we never saw him after that. I felt sorry for his truck because you could easily visualize its tongue hanging out. Sure hope he made it to his destination.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote