Thread: Fun on the road
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 02:41 PM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
What's really fun is towing a behemoth fifth wheel (41 feet long) and towing with a 1 ton diesel, dually, skipping along at 60 mph (very comfortable speed). Then there's that somebody towing with their 1500 or 150 pulling something much smaller, driving much, much faster passing me like I'm standing still. My first thought is ... I wonder what speed rating his trailer tires are.

OK, so we travel a bit further down the road and then we come to that mountain and start the uphill climb. That guy that passed me is clear out of sight. My dually continues to hold absolute steady at 60 mph. Up Black Mountain in North Carolina or, up the Sauratown Mountains range of North Carolina, across the Blue Ridge, climbing up and up and up. Or how about some of those really cool mountains in West Virginia?

Anyway, I'm holding steady at 60 mph, effortlessly and around that next curve and.... there they they are. They've slowed down to 40 mph, 30 mph, 25 mph, engine revving at 7000, 8000 rpms, screaming in agony and then I go whizzing by still holding absolutely steady at 60 mph.

Yes, this happens quite often. And every time, I just keep on driving at my comfortable 60 mph.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote