View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 03:14 PM   #17
Traveltimers2
Established Member

M.O.C. #19203
I own 2 5th wheels - 30 foot wildcat maxx and montana 40 foot 5th wheel. had both units full service new bearing, packed, greased etc etc. ON first trip to California, one wheel locked up. Thank goodness we were only 2 blocks from our intended rv park.

Here is the caveat. Original work was done in Vancouver Washington LES SCHWAB. Had lifetime guarantee they put out. So, once I got unhooked at rv park in calif, called the closest LS and they said bring it right over. Did, and they were 5 miles away. I pulled in, they were on it in 5 minutes. End result, Vancouver LS screwed up the job by to over tithening bolts. LS in California put on new bearings (all four corners) repacked and new pads. They also found a default in LS tire I had purchased. Total time at LS was just over 3 hours and the cost to me NADA, LS stood behind the guarantee totally.
My thoughts would be no matter who does work, there could be lots of cost differences and workmanship. So, beware of who when and where. Safe travels to all!
Traveltimers2 is offline   Reply With Quote