View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 02:21 PM   #44
penra
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24321
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNJim B View Post
So I spent some time studying the design of the roller hardware for this door and think I figured out the problem. As the door pivots back and forth the T-bolt that the door is hanging from wears out the threads in the roller. Tried putting a nut on top of the roller but that just worked it's way loose. So I decided to set it up different.
I drilled out the roller to 5/16, and got a 5/16-18 round head machine screw. Slid the screw through the roller facing down and locked it into the bracket on top of the door with two lock nuts.
Attachment 6608

At the same time I had heard somewhere on this forum or another one that MorRyde who make the hardware has and updated version. I had reached out to them via email and heard back from Jennifer there and yes there is in fact a newer version of the roller. She sent one out to me free of charge and it arrived today.

Attachment 6609
Attachment 6610

Similar design to my mod except where mine rotates freely in the roller, theirs rotates freely in the bracket. I think both designs are a major improvement to the original and I am confident I will be able to use our pivot door for some time to come.
I will keep my mod in place for now and if it fails I will then install the MorRyde part.

Hats off to MorRyde.
Wondering if you recall the length of the machine screw you used on this mod?
thanks much!

2020 Montana Legacy 3120RL
2019 GMC 3500HD Denali SRW LB; B&W Companion Pucks
penra is offline   Reply With Quote