View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 12:15 PM   #5
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
If anyone can figure out how to get those "ends" apart to separate the insides and clean the back side of that last screen off, I sure would appreciate it.

My mother's house had one of those faucets and even after 10 years, I could never figure out how that thing came apart. In my own house, we have 2 of them. One in the kitchen and one in the utility room. I can't figure out how they come apart either. The one in the kitchen (house) has been running slow for a couple years now. Every time I take the end off the hose, the dang thing slips back into the goose neck and then it's a horrible job trying to get that hose fished back up into the goose neck.

Then there is my Montana fifth wheel that also has one and I absolutely cannot get it apart either. What is a person suppose to do? Just purchase an entire new faucet and replace it at the tune of $150 to $300 for a new faucet, plus the pain and anguish of re-installing a new one too?

Is it the intended purpose of the manufacturer of these dang things that we (the consumer) is suppose to purchase a whole new end?

I've taken them off, soaked them in all kinds of lime and calcium build up destroying chemicals. But that does not remove any blockage that may have made it's way to that final screen.

If there was a way to tie the dang hose up so it wouldn't slip back into the gooseneck, I'd remove all those ends on all my faucets and just have nothing on them!

So, if anyone DOES know how they come apart, PLEASE, PLEASE share how you do it!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote