View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 08:27 AM   #11
MandK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28430
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
Doesn't a residential fridge always have it's own battery and inverter? If so it won't affect the usage of the microwave, etc. Oh wait, I read somewhere that the inverter runs other things on the new models- is that right?
I think that the model year, floor plans and option packages make a difference as to how these things tick. I know there are even differences in our EXACT trailer depending on weather it was made early in the ‘21 model year or later in that same model year.
To answer your question, on OUR ‘21 5’er, the inverter doesn’t run other things per say, the inverter powers a circuit of 5 outlets throughout the trailer. They are labeled with a yellow sticker so we knew which ones they were until we got used to them. The trailer has 2 batteries that are hooked up in parallel and run everything 12v, including the inverter. The inverted outlets are:
1) pop up outlet in the countertop to the right of our range.
2) outlet behind the living room tv that the tv pugs into
3) outlet behind the theater seats.
4) outlet to the left of the dresser in the bedroom
5) outlet behind the cabinet between the oven and the fridge.
That last one is where the fridge plugs into.
A transfer switch plugs into the 120v outlet of the inverter, and when shore power is hooked up, that transfers power from the inverter to shore for that circuit. Simple. But from what I read here, ymmv.
MandK is offline   Reply With Quote