View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 03:47 PM   #13
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitdrd View Post
Hi , I am on the fence about getting a puppy, would love to train it to be a hearing dog. I would get a non- shedder. A puppy b/c we have grandkids living wth us and afraid of a rescue with kids. We we travel, we mostly travel alone
However not sure if we want the expense , responsibility. Training, walking early in the-am, ran, snow, etc;
Would appreciate bth positive and negative comments .
Hey There,
Have you thought about an English Bulldog? We have 2 and one of them is my wife's companion dog because she is deaf. The training with them went easy. In fact the trainer that trained Rollie (wife's bully) said that she was amazed how fast he got everything.

Bulldogs do shed. But they don't shed as much as other breeds and when they do shed their hair is less noticeable on the ground, on furniture, and other areas. From my own personal experience, I think bulldog shedding is most noticeable on your dark clothing. But we love em so much that it doesn't matter to us.

Your right about the expense, walking,etc. etc., but when you fall in love with these guys and you will, then you will find out that the love you get in return is worth the time, expense, early AM walking's etc.

Good luck

Charlie
Charlie 3931fb is offline   Reply With Quote