Thread: Dead battery!
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 01:12 AM   #5
Jamesadixon48
Established Member

M.O.C. #18011
I am a new trailer owner and need to know the proper way to care for my battery when our unit sits in storage for months at a time. When we got ready to leave on our last trip, our battery was weak and would not work the Level Up jack system. We sat for several minutes with the power cord on the trailer plugged into the truck bed while the truck charged the battery long enough to work the jacks. After burning all that fuel and time, I knew I had to have a better way of doing things. I have no way to charge the battery at my storage facility, so when we returned from our trip I decided to bring the battery home and store it in my garage. I am going to purchase a battery charger and need to know from the experts what is the best kind. Is there another way to solve this problem without taking the battery out and charging it at home before our next trip? I use the disconnect switch properly and have even taken the wires off the posts of the battery as well. It just sits too long in between trips, I guess.
Jamesadixon48 is offline   Reply With Quote