View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 06:32 AM   #11
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
I have a similar Samsung (with a Kenmore name tag on it) we bought several years ago from the local Sears scratch and dent store. We thought it was a good buy and it has been a good fridge. We bought an extended warranty. The fan started making a noise when it was 12 to 14 months old. Technician came out, removed the shelves and guts so he could take the back panel off to get to the ice on the coils (see pic below). I think this may be the same thing you are experiencing on your RV fridge. I am not advocating fixing it yourself as described above - but I watched the guy do it and took pics so I could do it if it happens again. I thought the pic would be helpful to this thread.
Without seeing pix of the OP ice on his evaporator, cannot say for sure if he has the same issue as you. Mike, your problem looks like either a sensor cutting off the defrost cycle too quickly or worse a restricted capillary tube or low refrigerant charge (freon leak). Walt's issue may be a drain freezing up, but if that were the issue, Walt would have had ice and water under the crisper pans. Another thing that might cause his, is a "no defrost" condition caused by a mother board fail or the air vents in the cover being totally clogged preventing air flow and thus frosting up the entire evaporator. Generally, the normal defrost cycle will clear that every 12-18 hours. Leveling should not be an issue in the Montana unless the 5r is sitting really out of level.