View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 07:34 PM   #20
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
About 3 years ago we bought a Samsung refrigerator $2800. We have had people from two respected independent dealers in the last few months come to our home and another who didn’t come out tell me the same thing. If it breaks don’t even call or try to have it fixed we can’t get parts for it. Buy a new one don’t waste your money. Two delivery people from the same dealer brought out a new range and ask how long have you had that’ ‘three years’ ‘you got a good one we pick them up all the time that lasted less than a year’.
If it really breaks try to get it fixed but don’t be too disappointed if you can’t. And all three told me LG was almost as bad.
Lynwood
Man, I keep hearing this story all the time. As an X-reefer repair guy, I can tell you I carried a ton of parts on my van for both Samsung and LG. Our retail customers bought a s*** load of those foreign made over engineered reefers. They were very reliable and repairable. Easy to fix. Easy to diagnose. And parts easy to get if not on truck. They did make a few that were some Aggie's wet dream that were sometime beyond repair - 4 door butane twin compressor models. They have since learned their lesson. They're many techs that do not want to learn to fix them. Many have a phone app that you can put the phone near the hinge to run diagnostics. I'll take them any day over a GE Cafe model or the new Whirlpool models. Give me a good old Amana/Maytag/ - now owned by Whirlpool but without the Whirlpool logo.