Thread: Bedroom Slide
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 04:09 PM   #3
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
It helps to have someone operate the slide as you do whatever you have to do to follow the chains and their connections while it is doing its thing. For our model, it is standing on the bed in order to see the motor and chain to cable connections. You want to make sure that these connections (those plastic blocks) are vertical and pass by each other on both sides. I can watch this from the bed for the right connections and in our hallway for the left connections. You can physically twist the blocks so they are vertical. Also important to note is if the slideout is moving out squarely so that the distance from inside wall to left and right slide facia or if outside is it moving in or out squarely and maintaing that squareness. What you note as racheting...if meaning a series of clicks...would be different than one or two "pops" that I would note when the connection blocks snag on each other if not vertical. A series of clicking might be a result of the slide being really unsquare and due to one side being all the way out while the other isn't there yet. My guessing on this. What I can tell you is that the cables have to be tightened and loosened by pairs in order not to cause issues. My system is by BAL and they have good documentation, althought I had trouble wrapping my head around what they were saying.
jcurtis934 is offline   Reply With Quote