Old 11-14-2022, 05:45 AM   #7
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby6 View Post
...pics than me in your sig!! ...
It's pretty easy to do.

1) I use Microsoft "Paint" for my photo editing. It's already on your computer if you have Microsoft (any version).

2) Find the photo you want to use in your signature. Open "Paint". Do a "File" and then when File Explore opens, search for the photo you want to use. Then click on the photo file name and it will load into paint.

3) Once in "Paint" simply resize the image. Windows 11 version is a little different than the Windows 10 version. It took me a while to figure out how to make it all work, but it work. It's just the steps are a little different.

4a) With Windows 11, click on the little square directly above the tool "Image". This will open a dialogue box. Select "Pixels" and Horizontal and Vertical will fill in with the current image size.

4b) According to the forum rules for posting the image in your signature, the image size has to be: 500 by 125 pixels or 49.8 KB (whichever is smaller).

4c) So simply type over the biggest number (Horizontal) with 500. The verticle will change automatically. If both fit into 500 x 125 pixel range or smaller, then you are good to go. If not, you can use paint to edit the image by cropping it until you can get it in this range.

5) Now that you have the image resized, save the image as a JPEG image and with a new file name so you will not loose the original one. Otherwise it will be resaved and will forever be a smaller sized image. So, save it under a new name. And I like saving to my desktop, just to make it easier to find.

6) Now that it's saved, click on "User CP" at the top of the Montana Forum page, in the second golden-brown bar, all the way to the left.

7) You'll be navigated to the User Control Panel (CP). Scroll down on the left menu options and under "Settings and Options" click on "Edit Signature".

8) In the "Signature Picture" of this page, click on "Choose File", path to the newly saved image, and then click "Upload".

9) If the file size is incorrect (too large), you'll get an edit error telling you so. If that happens, start over again, and resize again using "Paint."

It sounds like a lot of steps, but it really is very easy. You can't hurt anything as long as you don't "save" your original photo under a new format or a different size. So, give it a try. Once you've done the "Paint" resize, it's extremely easy and you'll be able to whip through it in seconds.

If you have a different photo editing program you use, the steps are still pretty much the same.

1) Resize the image to the forum standard
2) Upload from the User CP portal.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote