View Single Post
Old 05-06-2023, 05:24 PM   #8
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
Quote:
Originally Posted by driller View Post
There is definitely more weight on that side, as it has the heavy kitchen slide and the bedroom slide as well. You can see it with the compression on the new springs.

As an afterthought, I probably should have only upgraded the port side springs to the 6-leaf, as that probably would have balanced the loads.

The entire suspension was checked when the new springs were installed, as nothing appears bent or broken.

Airbags seem my only choice, but I have never heard of airbags installed on a 5th wheel.
It doesn`t matter if all the heavy appliances are on one side, the camper was designed to sit level with that stuff reasonably loaded. This would be a topic of discussion with this model unit if they ALL did that. You need to get all 4 wheels weighed. Your camper will lean to one side if your grossly overloaded on that side and it would have to be significate to do that and should be way obvious as to why. Cheap springs, wrong size springs, bent, broken, misapplication of some thing, or your wife has brought everything plus the kitchen sink and put it all on that side The only thing that`s going to make a camper lean is weight or broken parts. Air bags are not the answer.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote