View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 02:35 PM   #11
Majorpolk
Established Member

M.O.C. #19958
Buy a different bottle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Mudder View Post
Well first trip with out 3790RD after installing the Onan 6.5 LP. Generator works great but now I am thinking about LP usage. The Montana came with two 30# tanks in it and I switched them out for two 50# tanks. Basically a 40# tank will last a day if it is really hot and you need to run the AC alot.

I thought I had this figured out and was going to use the existing 30# tanks as back up. Built a really nice secure rack to store them in the rear cargo hatch. Well now I read that you are not suppose to store them on their side, or in and enclosed space. So I may have built a rack for nothing.

So what is everyone doing for more LP? I wanted the LP generator for easy of use not having to worry about bad gas and dealing with carborators. Plus the fact I would have to have added a gas tank some how.
You need to research different types of bottles. Fort lift bottles can be stored on their side and can be converted to gas vs liquid. Make sure you check this first. Forklifts use liquid propane. SOME forklift bottles have a plug in a hole that provides gas not liquid. You would remove the liquid valve and plug it. Then install a gas service valve in the gas port. Forklift bottles are filled using a bleed valve. You would need to stand the bottle upright to use it. There are several special service type bottles around so shop those as well. Just make sure they can be set up for gas service.
Majorpolk is offline   Reply With Quote