View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 03:50 PM   #5
scottkeen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20894
If I have to vent out the dryer to the side of the RV, then a 90-degree elbow is unavoidable.

The laundry closet is at the front of the RV in the nose-cone area. The dryer vent on the back of the Splendide faces towards the front of the RV.

I test-fit the Splendide in the laundry closet and I have very little space until it touches the wall. Literally 1" is all I've got. So I'm thinking of a couple of ideas, I don't know if any of this would work.

Idea #1: Cut a channel in the back of the wood closet to recess the 90-degree elbow and dryer vent hose. Basically make a "pocket" for the elbow and the dryer vent hose to sit in. The laundry closet is wedge-shaped and gets wider toward the right side of the RV, so I may only need a short channel until it gets wide enough for the hose.

Idea #2: Run the dryer vent straight through the back of the closet wall into the nose-cone space, then curve it to the right side of the nose-cone and put the vent in the right side of the nose-cone (I don't really want to put the vent in the front of the nose-cone). I don't even know if there's any space at all inside the nose-cone to run a dryer vent hose.

Idea #3: I like this the least. Remove the closet doors and hinges permanently. Put in a plywood board to extend the floor outside of the closet by a couple more inches. The Splendide will sit on the plywood board and be hanging out the front of the closet by a couple of inches. This just sounds awful, almost as awful as putting a dryer vent in the nose-cone.

Please take a look at the attached floor-plan of my RV. I've circled the laundry closet. The laundry closet is wedge-shaped and is about 24" deep at the narrowest point and the Splendide is 22-5/8" deep.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	127617249186741-rs.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	4110   Click image for larger version

Name:	1_2949_2166727_50264320.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	4111  
scottkeen is offline   Reply With Quote