View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 05:47 PM   #11
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
We have a 2010 Mountaineer 326RLT which has the same closet as yours. Our dealer installed a Splendide all-in-one in ours 2 years ago. Same issue as yours - no room behind washer for the vent hose. The machine comes with a 90 degree elbow which is 4 inch on one end to fit the hose and flatens out to about 2 inches thick at the bend. The factory label for where to cut the vent hole was on the right side of the cabinet (door side of RV) and about a foot above the floor and about a foot ahead of the right closet door. They used a 4 inch hole saw and cut from the inside out. There is room for the hose on the right side of the machine. But when they shoved the machine clear to the left, the door wouldn't shut. So they cut a 3 to 4 inch wide piece out of the wall behind the washer near it's left back corner from the floor to almost the top of the machine. It allows the left back corner of the machine to protrude into that cutout enough so the door will close. At the bottom of that groove they cut a round hole so the vent hose can go straight back from the machine into the nose. Then over on the bottom right of the cabinet they cut another round hole so the hose could be brought from the nose back into the washer cabinet just above the floor near the right wall. Then when they got near the cutout, they elbowed into the cutout. I installed a couple D rings in the floor near the front of the machine and 2 more D rings higher on the wall on the shelf brackets near the front of the machine. I attach a couple strap tie downs which X across the front of the machine preventing it from flying thru the doors. I also cut a 10 inch square access hole in the left wall so I could reach from the closet to behind the machine to service it. If you'd like pics I can get you some, but it will be Friday before I can get out to the RV.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote