View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 10:20 PM   #16
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
Well, your 2011 347THT is not the same model as my 2010 326RLT but I can include a pic of the front of my RV and you can compare cap profiles. There is about a foot of space behind my front wall in the W/D cabinet and the cap. Plenty of space to run the vent hose. The dealer used the foil vent hose that has the coil spring in it on mine.

The reason they ran the vent hose into the cap area was because when you push the washer against the left wall the washer was touching the back wall and preventing the cabinet doors from closing by about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. There was no space behind the washer to do anything. And the reason we routed the vent hose from the cap area back into the washer cabinet along the right side was to get to the recommended point to duct the vent hose out the side. When the washer is pushed clear to the left, there is at least 6 inches of space between the washer and the right wall. And that is where we put the elbow - connected it to the hose and to the outside vent.

Additionally - This washer is not lite. Two guys carried it into my bedroom and the final lift into the cabinet was done by one man. You will have to get to the back of the washer to eventually work on or replace hoses. And we've already had to get back there for another reason. We used it for 3 months in Texas in early 2018, a little during the summer and then Jan 2019 back in Texas and my wife noticed it wasn't drying like it should. Then it gave us an error code. I called Splendide and they said I either had an obstruction in the hose or there was a buildup of lint in the machine just before where the vent hose connects. He advised us to remove the vent hose from the machine, insert a water hose into the hose connection and run a vigorous amount of water into the machine and it would remove the lint. I had already built a table out of 3/8" plywood with removeable legs that I could sit in front of the cabinet to pull the macine out onto. Then thru the 10" access door in the closet I removed the vent hose and just used a large Dawn dishsoap empty bottle filled with water and squirted it into the vent opening. I emptied 3 or 4 bottles and the machine worked fine. So consider what you might be sitting your machine on if you have to do the same. It's next to impossible for one person to bring it out of the cabinet. I'll PM you about the pics.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote