View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 10:16 AM   #6
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseTX View Post
... I was thinking about gettting a second one. Do you have two A/C units on your rig?
Yes, we have 2 AC's. 15,000 BTU AC/Heat pump and 13,500 AC.

I have run both AC's, microwave, water heater on electric, and 2 televisions and both generators powered to about 50%. Basically, anything you can run on your 50 amp service, these generators (the 2 of them together) will power everything also with no problems.

I did try turning on both AC's with only 1 generator, and it tripped the generator. It was kind of interesting. The generator kept running, but the power was disconnected to the trailer. Push the reset button on the front of the generator and it powered back up after turning one AC back off.

So, when running only 1, you'll need to practice power management, just like plugging into a 30 amp shore power connection. But even that, 1 generator by itself did really great. I saw no difference when plugged into 30 amp shore power or plugged into 1 generator only.

I'm' extremely happy with mine. Being portable, we can use them anywhere. We have power outages where I live, and although we have another generator we've been using for years, we wanted something dedicated for the camper use.

When my wife found out one generator would not power 2 air conditioners, she said we're getting 2 of them or none at all. And since then, when we've lost power in the house, we fire up the old one for the house to keep the refrigerator and freezer running, and our internet router. And we power up the 2 Cummings and plug in the trailer. We're on a water well (country), but the trailer always has water in the fresh water tank. So, when we have power outages at home, we're always good to go. We move out to the trailer. Food, television, water, internet. Life if good!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote