View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 02:16 PM   #45
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Update!

We've been having a very enjoyable time at the campground here in Cullman, Alabama. However, our time is coming to an end soon. We were scheduled to return home on Jan 30 and be home on Jan 31.

My son and grandson (7 years old, 1st grade now) live with us and with the covid "thing" going on, his school has bounced back and fort a few times this school year from in-the-building attendance to virtual attendance. For the last several weeks they've been back in the building.

We received a phone call from my son yesterday that the boy's teacher came down with covid and her entire class is now "back home" supposedly in quarantine. I know kids are not necessarily the prime victims of covid, but still, if they are asking the kids to quarantine then there must be some reason to keep each one of them isolated from the others.

So, I STILL do not know what to believe about this whole covid thing. But, I've proceeded with caution and so far have escaped it's clutches. I'm almost 66 years old, in pretty good health except for the usual old people problems, like high blood pressure and cholesterol and sugar a bit high type of stuff. I had a knee replacement 3 years ago, so the knee is vulnerable to infection, and I'm constantly aware of any type of infection that would, or could, infect that knee. In other words, I'm on top of my health pretty keen right now.

So, with all that, my wife told me with the risk of our grandson being a carrier of Covid, even if he is not affected himself, is just a risk she didn't want me to be exposed to. She she made the command decision that we are staying here at this campground for at least 1 more week than planned. That will put the grandson more than 14 days since the school mandated quarantine.

As you can imagine, we are soooooooooooo heartbroken we cannot return to Indiana where this morning they experience an ice storm! And the temps here, in the shade, under the trailer, reached 68!

Meanwhile, the "work form camper" scenario for both of us has been absolutely great! The internet connection here has been pretty good, and we have had to use our cell phone hotspots a couple times. But the doggies are driving us nuts. They are still pup's, and bark at absolutely everything that makes noise and everything that does not make noise. This is a very active campground too. Lots of people coming and going, almost everyone we've met coming in are heading to Florida or Gulf Shores, most from Michigan or Indiana.

We've met some really nice people! Everyone we've talked to is so grateful to be traveling somewhere or anywhere.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote