View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 08:26 AM   #23
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
This is a particularly sore point for me as I have on multiple occasions not been able to camp because there were no large sites available. In Arkansas there are hundreds of federal and state campgrounds where this is a MAJOR issue. A very large number are exactly as I described with 100 sites but only maybe 10% big rig friendly and those always tend to be the prime locations right down by the lake.

I'm just saying that if small rig owners are not going to respect other campers on their own then maybe they need to be forced to do so. There are laws to keep people from dumping trash in a public space, impede traffic on a highway and not smoke in a crowded elevator. Those are all in place because some people don't respect other people. Same thing here. Basically a guy with a tent camping in a 60' 50amp site is saying "I don't respect the needs of other campers who may NEED this spot". And how about this analogy, is it ok for a healthy person to park in a handicap parking spot just because it is open and they don't want to walk the extra 20 yards to the store?

I don't mind if a campground is simply full and there are no spots. That's a different story. But when there are two dozen open small sites are open and tent campers are sitting in the few big sites that's when I have an issue with it.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote