View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 06:14 PM   #13
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeririgged223 View Post
Joint Venture,

Like I said, I know it can be done, have seen it and it's why we decided to do it instead of starting over with a Toyhauler which we wouldn't be using all the time. We love our Montana.

Am aware of the double / triple towing issue but the dual receivers are the trick and make them an extension of the trailer as opposed to an additional vehicle. As such it doesn't even have to be independently registered.

The dual hitch also prevents the springboard affect I think you were describing. The hitch receiver rotates only so far up and down and side to side.
I've looked at these for years but have never pulled the trigger. And I don't personally know anyone who has used one.

That said, I still would want to see what happens when the back of the 5th bounces as they will at times.
While I agree with you that the attachment is solid, isn't also the case that the rear of the 5th wheel dropping will cause the front of the Swivel Wheel to drop? As an example, think of when you leave a driveway and the rear of your 5th wheel at times will almost touch the ground; what will happen if you have your SW attached? Won't the front drop and create a very steep angle forward? Will the Harley tilt forward so that it comes dangerously close to the back of the 5th? Now imagine that happening at full speed over bridges or other sharp bumps on highways...

Again, I have no experience, but the above scenario is why I've been shy to try it. I think watching the SW and Harley in a rear camera would be a good way to see what's going on back there.

I'd really like to hear how others have made out, or if you do get it all connected up, I'd really enjoy hearing back on how it works out.

Let us know, thanks!

Brad