View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 08:06 PM   #8
Calbrewguy
Established Member

M.O.C. #24836
I've upgraded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbrewguy View Post
Just bought my first fifth wheel. It's a Montana High Country 353RL. It has a residential fridge which only runs on electric through an inverter. I have solar panels which keep the batteries topped up pretty well. I need advice on what it will take equipment wise to boondock for periods up to a couple weeks at a time. This is also my first post. I've really enjoyed reading on this site. Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me. Hope I didn't buy the wrong coach.
Randy

Since my original post I've upgraded my solar system to include 530 Watts of panels, 4 new 6V AGM (224AHr for 896 AHr total) and a new 30A solar controller. I will add a 3000W sine wave inverter. For back up I have a 4000W portable generator. My solar guy said when we add the inverter it will be whole house and we will eliminate the inverter dedicated to the fridge. One of the kind people who responded to my first post said he would leave the dedicated inverter as a backup to use as a substitute for a propane backup. Sounds good to me but I don't know if that can be done. I don't really want to trash an operable piece of equipment.
Calbrewguy is offline   Reply With Quote