View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 03:26 PM   #8
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
It's possible that the check valve on the hot water outlet of the water heater tank is clogged with debris. If you don't drain and flush the tank regularly, there will be quite a bit of crud in the hot water. This is the same debris that will clog the screens on the faucets.
Since you stated the PRESSURE dropped at all the faucet locations, I agree with Bob. It is likely the check valve on the water heater has failed or is clogged.

We really need to know the model of your 2004 Montana to help with the repair.

The check valve is located on the inside edge of the WH. Getting access depends on your model Montana. That is why knowing the Model is so important. Sometimes you can get to the WH and the check valve by removing the wall in the pass through compartment. Or you may be able to remove a panel from an inside compartment of the Montana to access the check valve.

The check valve is relatively easy to replace (or by pass if you NEVER winterize) once you gain access. It will be tight and requires a good hefty wrench to loosen it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04montana5 View Post
Thanks for your advice. I have no idea how to do any of these things😅. Novice over here. Where are the filters?
The filters/screens are part of each faucet. The sink ones are usually on the spigot. The shower lines (and maybe the kitchen line) may have them where the transition from Pex to flex lines occur.

Quote:
Where can I find the water heater bypass valve?
It has been a long time since I saw a 2004 model. You do not have a convenience center unlike newer models. I suspect it is plumbed into the bypass valve?

Quote:
I have never used the outside shower, it should be off right?
Correct

Quote:
Where do you put in the wand?
You have to remove the anode rod to drain the MH tank. Once you do that, the Camco wand is great to use to flush out the crap and corruption laying inside the tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04montana5 View Post
How often should you flush the tank? I’ve never done this.
Once a year is a good start. As it depends on the quality of water you have, you can go longer or maybe shorter. This also allows you to check the anode for deterioration (and need for replacement).

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote