View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 10:59 AM   #18
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
As some of you know, I posted on this forum last month of a tire failure. To the best of my knowledge ,and a Sailun rep, one of two things happened with that tire. I was on highway 93 20 miles outside Kingman, Az. The road to say the least is terrible. I either caught a pothole just right, and cut the sidewall, or I picked up something in the sidewall, and lost tire pressure, nothing in the tread was visible, the tread was still completely intact, and no damage.

After further inspection of the tire behind it, there is some slight damage to the outer tread, nothing that would compromise it . It now has just over 1600 miles on it without a problem . But before our next trip it will be replaced ,and made a spare, it did run for a ways with all the weight on it, I don't feel good about it in the long run .

When I noticed in the mirror, the front tire drivers side on the fifth wheel was smoking, and starting to come apart. If I hadn't noticed when I did, things would of have gotten a lot worse. It was definitely not a blowout. No damage to fifth wheel or the rim. I will never know for sure if it was a sudden loss of air ,or a slower leak that a TPMS would have warned me, never the less I will be getting a TPMS.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote