View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 05:04 AM   #10
Butch & Kathy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18980
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSFORD99 View Post
Was it due to the slow leak, and getting loose , or did that cheap cable system break. Since I have had the Sailun as a spare instead of the OE, I'm concerned with how reliable that thin cable ,and mechanism is. These Sailuns are much heavier then that old OE spare.

I am wondering if there is some safety cable or whatever to insure that spare stays up there. I check the tightness all the time .
The tire had a slow leak. When I cranked it up the tire was at about 90 psi. My theory is that the tire was ballooned out when cranked up tight then slowly lost air, became loose unwinding the cable a little more and bounced off. I was driving on I-4 north of Orlando in some serious construction and very bumpy. Likely lost it during that pounding.

As for security I have seen other posts saying they use a ratchet strap or some means to add security to the tire. I will be adding something, just not sure what yet. Anyone have ideas for us?
Butch & Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote