View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 04:16 PM   #3
KausalityKid
Established Member

M.O.C. #30392
You made my day. Thanks

I've been agonizing over making a decision. I have put a deposit on the one that I found at the dealership on Friday to hold it while I agonized and researched. I've concluded that I can't go wrong with a Montana that is in good shape. I took my mother to see it on Saturday because the hope is that she will hang on long enough to get to enjoy it with me. She has been somewhat skeptical until she saw the unit. We both believe that it was never used. If it was then whoever owned it took immaculate care of it or only used it a few times. My other issue causing me angst is that I found two identical units for sale by private owners and their asking price is a few thousand less than the dealership. Unfortunately one is a 2 Hour drive and the other is a 5 Hour drive. I have told the dealership that I absolutely must have an inspector come and check it out before I would commit.

The dealership is asking $60,500 before tax tag and title. The private owners are asking $58,000-$59,000 and say they are negotiable. I have just reached out to them and I’m hoping they will respond.

What I didn’t know was that there were other Montanas with a similar floor plan. Which is interesting, because I have been looking at RVs for several months with the surge terms used, fifth wheel, toy hauler, within 200 miles. And then all the time never once did I see a floor plan similar to this. It is possible that there were some, but the asking price was out of my range so I didn’t even pay attention.

I very much appreciate your response. Gave me a lot to think about. When my mother is gone, I plan on spending quite a bit of time using the RV. There is a lot I want to see and I’ve been auditioning travel companions. That sounds dirty, and that’s not what I meant. For instance, I have a really good friend and he wants to see a concert in the red rock amphitheater in Colorado as well as I do. It’s a bucket list item.
KausalityKid is offline   Reply With Quote