Thread: 1/2 Ton Tow #2
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There is no horse to beat. It is simple. The capacities of the tow vehicle are clearly stated as are those of The RV. It is simple math and of course understanding of how to do the math. In my case I was fortunate enough to have knowledgeable people to advise me of how to determine what truck would safely and within specs tow my first 5th wheel a 2006 Montana 3400.That truck was a 2005 F-350 Long bed, Crew cab Dually. In my mind I had no choice like it or not. The truck was a V-10 I was not a fan of the smelly, noisy Diesel or the 6.0L Ford Diesel available at the time.(I had to buy Ford because of the Ford Family plan and the huge discounts involved) The V-10 served us well but after a trip out west in the big mountains I then understood what folks were saying about the Gas VS Diesel. We now have the 2008 F-350 diesel in our sig and now pull a 2013 3402.

The final choice is the individuals but the individual should be aware of how to determine what tow vehicle is within all spec's and how to determine that.
I do not mind being the "weight police" if it means educating a individual or correctly answering a question by those who ask it.

Having the correct information is one thing.. What one does with it is always their choice.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote