View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 11:15 PM   #10
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
We have a 2010 Montana Mountaineer with 3 hydraulic slides. All 3 slides had 4" rubber roof tape where the top of the slide meets the outside flange. Under this tape, about 3 inches from the flange is a roundhead screw. The screws were about 10 inches apart. When the tape was installed at the factory, they rolled over the top of the tape with a roller. Each time the roller went over a screw, it left a V shaped air pocket between the screw and the flange. This was on the big 16 foot off door slide in the living area and on the entertainment slide on the door side. The tape on the bedroom slide was sealed down fine with no air pockets. I removed the tape on 16 foot slide and on the entertainment slide and replaced with 6" wide rubber roof tape which I got from my dealer. The old tape didn't come up easy - I had to roll it with my thumbs to get it off and almost peeled the skin off my thumbs. I put the new tape down and rolled it with a J roller. No air pockets. I did this in 2012 and have had no leaks. My unit was only 2 years old when I did this and some of the air pockets had dirt and stains in the air pockets which I had to clean up.

You might want to check under those slide toppers and see if you have any air pockets in your tape.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote