Thread: Chrysler>>>
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 03:39 PM   #29
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
I wonder who is going to build the infrastructure for all these dreams. Sure, you can fill fields full of solar panels or build more windmills but moy only does that take time, you also need a way to transmit that power and need new distribution systems. Yep, run right out and buy your electric car then find out your older home with 100 amp pr less wiring needs a several thousand do;;at upgrade. Oh and since your neighbors are like minded, the neighborhood just went dark.

I'm betting Fiat is playing the "woke" political game with their pronouncement.

Now, a commercial 42x66 inch solar panel on a bright and sunny mid day might produce 500 watts of power. To produce one megawatt of power you would need 2000 panels covering an area of a bit less then an acre. In comparison, a jet derivative (LM2500 or similar ) would almost fit in my 24x24 foot garage and produce up to 37 megawatts on natural gas.

I don't see the economics in solar or wind power when you factor in the wasye of usually otherwise good land.

Yep, I'm concerned with the environment but not at the cost the tree huggers embrace as to me it's false economy.

Do your own homework but be open minded.

Sorry for the soapbox but there are too many folks hopping on that bandwagon without real thinking.....
First: I bought a Tesla Model Y and love it. Have 100AMP service and also have a Tesla wall charger that charges off peak at 32AMPS 240Volt.
Second : its not Fiat any more. Has been Stelantis for some time.

JMO