View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 07:17 AM   #1
Nedbrod
Established Member

M.O.C. #25283
Replacing air conditioner

Good morning folks! I have a 2013 Montana 3900FB with an air conditioner problem. The existing main unit is a Dometic 15,000btu unit. On a recent three-day trip we discovered it was running but not making cold air. I went top side, checked all connections, tested the capacitors, the high temp sensor on the compressor and all are working as designed. Turned the unit back on, fan started immediately and after the timeout on the thermostat cleared the compressor came on. Let it run for an hour an discharge temp was 64 degrees. Seems like I need a new unit. There in lies the problem. I contacted Dometic service trying to determine what unit would be the direct replacement. The tech told me the mfg# for me would be HT541816A711CO. (He was not very helpful). I searched the internet and have been unable to locate this model. The replacement unit I'm told is a heat pump style which is not what I have at present. This unit has a 1530btu reheat coil. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should be looking for? Apparently the Blizzard units require additional wiring which looks to be a real problem getting run in the unit. It would seem to me this should be a relatively simple replacement but I'm not getting that feeling from what I've seen.
Nedbrod is offline   Reply With Quote