View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 07:07 AM   #14
darmock667
Established Member

M.O.C. #22447
Even if the cable was hooked up backwards it may not be the proper quad shield RG6. I found only a single run of RG6 in my rig and it was not quad shield! RG59 can't be used for satellite stuff you should use RG6 quad shield for all satellite connections and RG11 for longer run satellite connections. The OTA signals will run that much better over the RG6 quad also. I suspect that the cheapest possible coax has been used on the monty's to save a few pennies. High end coax properly run and tested at the factory is far cheaper than spending a weekend rerunning it all. When I was doing my research prior to buying my monty I read about all of the poor wiring issues and decided I could fix this as needed.... Unfortunately this issue was worse that my research indicated.

Oh well I will take the opportunity this weekend while I am in the bowels of my monty to neaten up the poorly organized wiring job as I am running new RG6 Quad throughout. I had a peek behind the bulkheads when I bought the monty and shook my head how all the wiring was all over the place.

I keep notes, pictures, and samples of the wiring just in case someone does a class action.........

Tom
darmock667 is offline   Reply With Quote