View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 05:24 PM   #14
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcarlson13 View Post
Semi-newby and just our third winter. Had no issues past few winters, but in a pickle. Any advice would be appreciated!

2015 keystone Montana 4 season with tank heaters etc. Been having to fill our freshwater tank. Has been getting down to the single digits.

Just tried to refill our freshwater and it’s not letting anything into the tank. Spits it back out so to speak. Spouse misread the water level yesterday and wasn’t aware we were about empty so it did go all last night with very little water in the tank. We had to unthaw the knob that you have to switch over to fill, but all the other knobs were working fine. Had an issue the other day were it appeared the pump froze as well (once we put a heater down there the pump worked). We were getting water just fine right before we attempted to fill it today, (until it got too low) so appears that portion of pipes is fine, as well as the pump, just can’t get water into the fresh water tank.

We aren’t seeing any leaks other than the spicket where we attach the hose to the unit; from the water coming back.

Any guidance on things we should look for that may cause the tank to not fill would be appreciated.

Also, any guidance on how to prevent the water pump and switch knob (one you switch to fill the tank) from freezing? It is heated down there (the pass through compartment) so not sure why the pump is freezing. We were going to insulate the area were the knobs/water hose connector is at.

We stayed in same temps before without an issue so a bit at a loss. We do run one electric heater in the bedroom and keep temp in the camper set at 65. Going to stop using the electric heater if that may be an issue? Feedback would be appreciated! Thank you!!!
If you mean single digits F then I am surprised everything is not frozen, if as I suspect you mean C then there will still be challenges. When RV companies say 4 season they mean HOT, HOTTER, WARM, WARMISH. I don';t know about yours, but the convenience center is NOT heated at all. I cut some holes in it to allow the 1500W heater I have in the baggage compartment aimed at the back of the convenience center (I dropped the wall) to push some warm air into the place where all the knobs and valves are. We had record lows recently and the supply pipe froze then my sewer froze because I forgot to shut all the sewer valves and only open them once a day for 20 mins. I use heated water hose, and the flexzilla extensions are wrapped with industrial heat tape. The 3 cylinder water filter is under a box of plywood and 2" foam with a couple of thermostatically controlled 50W rough service bulbs to heat it to 80F.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote