View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 05:53 PM   #15
lewy64
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26365
Last year we had a few weeks of 0 F weather here in N Texas. I live fulltime in the listed below RV. I had no problems until the power went out and used genny. Was fine for a day then outside line froze, forgot to move heated hoses to genny, DUH. Didnt notice any freezing accept the outside line. I have 2 25" heated hoses, A 2 cylinder outdoor filter with insulation in a styrofoam cooler, removed the keytv and left that hole open for heating that area was fine, put insulation in the hole in the floor of the conv center, ran fan constantly into the heater intake vents on the steps, heater was used if temp in rv went below 69, used 2 elec radiators, the electric fireplace, used the tank heaters. If i had moved the heated hoses to the genny I wouldnt have lost water.

You got to run that gas furnace or it will all freeze under there, yes I know it eats propane like crazy.

Dont know what fix you can do, sounds like the fresh tank may be frozen. The water you get may be under the frozen part , that the tank heater is keeping fluid and warm.