View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 11:38 AM   #4
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
I second Blackwells post about TPMS. You can check the tires as often as you want, but if you get a nail that does no good. I had one on a rest stop near Las crusez, NM. pulled on to I10 and got about 1/2 mile and TPMS alarm went off. Down to about 45 psi. Of course this happened JUST as I passed an off ramp. Pulled over on top of the overpass as psi was down to 25 by then. Put out the warning lights on the highway and by then tire resting on the rims.
Others have posted here many times about destroying steps, fenders, etc from the tire getting shredded to the tune of $1500 or more. So $300 for a TPMS is a good investment.

Oh, we always carry 2 DIFFERENT credit cards. If you lose it or someone hacks it, you can stop the first one and start using the 2nd one. I got a new card mailed out to me while traveling up to AK. Of course I didn't know this since my mail isn't forwarded. After 30 days, they cancel your credit card. Card worked fine one day and the next tried to book a fly /drive from Fairbanks and no go!!

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote