View Single Post
Old 01-05-2024, 08:15 PM   #6
ExPatNW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10319
Opening this thread again

Hi everyone,

I want to open this thread up again. I am struggling right now with the same intermittent problem with our front AC not switching on. In-Command (which I love btw) shows 0F (sometimes other random and incorrect temperatures) – when its clearly not that temperature in the bedroom, so In-Command does not tell the AC to come on.

The dealership is unable to repro the problem, although recently when we went back to pick up the rig the problem occurred (I was happy about that) so they did see it happen. They have checked the cabling (so they say) and the thermistor – all ok. My feeling is the gateway is faulty, but unless they can “prove” its faulty, they won’t replace it.

Basically, I have been told there is no problem, if it happens again I just need to switch everything off, disconnect the battery, disconnect from shore power and then restart it all.

Frankly I find this unacceptable. Imagine being told when your car AC fails to just pull over on the freeway, switch off, wait 5 seconds and then start up and go again. Why do I have to accept this as “normal behavior”.

So (sorry for the rant) I would love to know how many people are routinely restarting their rigs to get their front ACs to communicate to In-Command.

BTW – Opened a ticket with ASA – interested to hear their take on this, hopefully get a response early next week.

Our rear AC has worked flawlessly since we had the unit (2021 3790RD Legacy).
Happy Camping!
ExPatNW is offline   Reply With Quote