Thread: Cooper AT3 XLT
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2022, 10:57 AM   #2
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
I have run Toyo AT series tires for many years but I was just not happy with the mileage and tread life I was getting with the Toyos.. about 28 to 30K was all I could get.. I still wasnt down to wear indicators but I am picky with my tires..

I spoke with the local Les Schwab tire store I have bought from for the last 30 years and decided to try a set of the Cooper Back Country HT series tires at their suggestion..

They know I am hauling a fifth wheel and that I also make trips into the forest up here in Idaho a lot on forest roads..

After two years if use I gotta say that I really like the HT series from Cooper.. They are not quite as an aggressive tread pattern as the Toyo AT series bit have done great towing, driving on ice and in snow..

I also had to tow the Aline last year coming our of Montana on US20 with about 4 inches of snow for 5 miles or so.. The 2007 GMC truck handled well towing in the unexpected snow hauling the fifth wheel.. I was in 4WD High at about 30 mph for about five miles till the snow cleared off.

No issues with traction, etc

Might wanna take a look at these as an alternative.. On my third year with these tires and they won't need replacing this year..

https://www.lesschwab.com/back-count...t-5955477.html
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote